©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Monday, April 30, 2012

Girl Meets God

Every now and again, I'll go to the thrift store and find something that makes the trip worthwhile. This is one of those finds. Last year, my daughter was reading this book and her description intrigued me. Basically, this memoir details Lauren's spiritual biography. It's rare that I will read a book that doesn't in some way encourage my faith, and this one did that! One of the more memorable quotes for me is "God does not cause our suffering, but He uses it to grow us into the person He wants us to be." Since I have a chronic illness, this really "rang my bell," so to speak. Another of her thought-provokers was that the Eucharist should really be called Viaticum--that the Eucharist should be considered those things necessary for our journey. She writes with an understandable style that brings you into her struggles and victories as if they were your own. Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment