©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Finding Our Way Home

This is the first book I've read by Charlene Ann Baumbich, but I want to read more. Even though my preferred reading genre leads more to romance, this book of intergenerational friendship touched my heart in ways that I cannot describe. I absolutely love Evelyn's prayer, "Grace, Amen." That just about covers it.

Sasha needs a live-in companion/caretaker, Evelyn needs a job, and the two make an unusual duo. Evelyn is a nineteen-year-old dynamo who rides her bicycle everywhere. Sasha is a prima ballerina who has been injured quite severely in her dance and ended her dance career. Each woman has something to offer the other but along the way heart healing has to happen for both of them.

Finding Our Way Home is one of the Snowglobe Connections novels and the snowglobe of the ballet dancer figures into the story quite strongly. Sasha's snowglobe was a gift from her mother on her fifth birthday and it went with her to every dance and performance she had. It became to her a talisman of luck and then after her injury, a vision of what could be.

Now that I have read this book, I cannot wait to get more of her books, especially the Snowglobe Connections, and read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment