©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Messenger

Siri Mitchell is a deep writer. Her books have a depth that sometimes baffles me because I am not quite that deep myself. This weekend I read The Messenger and devoured it.

Hannah is a member of a Quaker Meeting group in Philadelphia. Jeremiah is a tavern owner who is disillusioned with the British occupation of the Colonies. Hannah's brother is imprisoned by the British for being a Rebel Colonialist. These characters set the stage for this fascinating look into Quaker culture, Colonial life, and a behind the scenes look at the Revolutionary War.

I love a well-researched book and Siri's book is that, but one thing Siri does and does well is that she makes her factual content flow seamlessly into the story. It's a great read that really touches your heart and also feeds your mind. Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and a Better Than Chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment