©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What's In C S Lewis' Library

James Stuart Bell put together a topical book of writings that influenced C S Lewis, a well-loved author from the last century (it feels so odd to say that. This is not the kind of book you want to sit down and read through like a book on Christian life or like a novel. It just doesn't read that way. This is the kind of book you read when you need a reference for a specific topic on your mind and you need specific wisdom for it.

First, I was surprised to see how many authors on my own shelf that were also on C S Lewis' shelf.

Second, I was thrilled to read thoughts that met a specific need of my own. Receiving this book was timely because of research I am doing to prepare an adult Bible Study series on prayer. I gleaned much from this book and will use it as a reference for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment