©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Next Level

I read Dinner with a Perfect Stranger and A Day with a Perfect Stranger and I was fascinated by the allegorical message. I have recommended them to friends and have had various members of my family read them. Last night, I finished The Next Level, which really made me think about how I live my life and what my purpose is. David Gregory's way with words and his writing style make a person think.

Logan is a college graduate without a job. His father encourages him to find a job, any job, just so he gets out and works. Logan applies for a job with Univeral Systems, gets in to see the Director immediately, and is given his dream job--an Organizational Analyst. He is assigned to diagnose the problems within the organization, level by level. He takes on his job with fervor and zeal, but with increasing frustration as each level seems better than the previous one until further investigation reveals no difference in problems, just differences in how they appear.

Like I said, this book causes the reader to think, to examine, to discover one's self in the process. Sit down with it, read it, take it to heart. It's well worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment