©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Feed Your Soul Some Good Nourishment

Feeding Your Soul has been on my bookshelf for quite some time. I am doing a more in-depth study on prayer for the purpose of potentially teaching an adult study on it. I have found this book to be a most valuable resource for my own personal growth as well as for the teaching purposes.

Jean Fleming defines what quiet time is, why a quiet time is needed, how to fit your quiet time to you for your best growth with your loving Father, and how to make the most of your quiet time. She does this in such a loving way that you never feel judged for inadequacy, but you feel inspired. The whole purpose of the quiet time is deepening of your relationship with God.

I gave a copy of this book to my mother a number of years ago, and she had me order her a few more copies because she wanted to give them as gifts. She felt this was one of the most important books she'd ever read. I do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment