©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Irish Healer

I have begun to love books that have been written by "new" authors. I guess I can pick what the good ones will be. The Irish Healer is one of those good ones. Rachel is a healer fleeing her homeland because she was accused (but acquitted) of murder. She never wants to go back to healing again. She must take a job with a doctor who is leaving his practice and needs someone to catalog his library and prepare it for moving. This is just a stop-gap job for her. Ultimately she wants to teach. But, there are always hiccups along the path to our dreams, just like in real life. Rachel and James, the doctor, have just such hiccups, and find more than they bargained for.

One of the lessons I have had to learn the hard way is not to take guilt trips booked for me by someone else. And sometimes I have to quit booking my own guilt trips. It's just that simple. Rachel and James both have had to learn this lesson. I love when I can relate to the characters in a book I am reading. It's more than entertainment; there is usually a lesson for me to learn, relearn, or even meditate on.

Nancy Herriman has done an excellent job in writing this book. I give it five stars, two thumbs up, and a healing herb garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment