©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Sunday, September 23, 2012

There's Power and then There's Power

I have been a fan of Jennifer Kennedy Dean's writing for a long time. I have read a few of her books and I am hungry for more. That's why I jumped on the chance to review her study, The Life-Changing Power in the Name of Jesus.

She begins the study with explaining how important our names are to our own identities and the power our names carry--hearing our names from our parents with exasperation, hearing our names from our loves, hearing our names from the voice of the One who knows us best--they all carry different meanings, and they all bring different emotions to the fore when we hear them.

So this is the point--Jesus' name carries power for us, in how we use it, in how we allow it to change us, and ultimately, in how we allow it to change our own destinies. The one point Jennifer made in this study resonated with me so much and will be the hallmark of my journey from here on out: "Jesus is the destination." (emphasis mine)

Five stars, two thumbs up, and three steps forward on the journey to real power!

No comments:

Post a Comment