©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Friday, November 2, 2012

Hot Pursuit of Lucy

Lucy Banning is a woman during a time when women were mostly ornaments. She wanted more--to pursue a college education, to help orphans, and to live out a true faith. Her parents want her to marry Daniel, the son of long-time friends, and Daniel wants her to be his ornament and nothing more.

Lucy's brother, Leo, runs into a friend he met in Princeton, Will Edwards, who is an engineer working for an architectural firm. Leo introduces Will to Lucy and a friendship grows between them. Daniel becomes jealous of the friendship and does everything he can to thwart the growing relationship and discredit Will.

A Pursuit of Lucy Banning is such a good read--it only took me one day to complete it. I have a bad habit of reading way past my bedtime and this book fed my habit. This is my first book by Olivia Newport but it won't be my last.

Five stars, two thumbs up, and a good alarm clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment