©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

It Is Well

When I read that this book was about illness, chronic pain, and aging; I knew I had to review it. It took me a while to read it and I found many good things in the book, but I didn't find all that I was looking for. In 2003, I went to a conference on deepening your prayer life. Shortly after that I was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer that cannot be cured, but can be lived with. Since then, I've had three surgeries, four treatments that required sedation, and numerous monthly treatments.

It was intriguing to read of the struggles of Shelly Beach and others with whatever debilitates them. I was significantly interested in the hurdles that had to be overcome, especially in attitudes and healing of the heart. It did get tiresome to only read stories of struggles and hurdles. That is the only criticism I have of the book.

A solid four stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment