©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Getting from Here to There

I just finished reading Faithmapping: A Gospel Atlas for Your Spiritual Journey, by Daniel Montgomery and Mike Cosper, and it gave me a whole insight into being a "holistic" Christian. If we were to meet in person, you'd find out in a hurry that I despise, hate, abhor, and loathe catchphrases that pervade our society, especially in the business world. We can't go out and do business--whatever that means--we have to be pro-active about it. We have to have a list of "Core Values," a "Mission Statement," and a "Vision." It's no longer good enough to serve to the best of our abilities and allow God to use us as we are and teach us as we grow. We have to know our purpose, with a mission and vision, our personal list of core values. Bleah. So when I use the word "holistic," you know I feel strongly about this--we have to be whole people worshipping a Whole God with our whole beings and this is what the authors are trying to teach. We can't compartmentalize our lives like waffles--over here is worship, that one is my study, this one is my meditation, this one is my evangelization. As you go through the book, you are learning how to incorporate each aspect of spiritual life into regular life, how to make your regular life a spiritual life, and how to be a WHOLE Christian person, not just a whole person and a whole Christian in separate aspects of life. This is a book I will revisit and read again and recommend to my friends. It's worth more than a quick read, it's worth the time it will take to study it.

Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and a Road Atlas

No comments:

Post a Comment