©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Friday, March 22, 2013

A Home at Trail's End

It's not very often I rate a book with less than a stellar review. Either I am very good at choosing really great books, or I have low standards. Not sure what this says about me. But.....

A Home at Trail's End continues the story of Elizabeth Martin and Eli Kinkade. The story is sweet, the book is easily readable, and this one chronicles the settling of the community and the building of Elizabeth's and Eli's cabin. Eli takes Elizabeth's Percherons and her wagon and goes to Empire City to buy building supplies. He leaves a note for Elizabeth but she doesn't find it. She worries that he has taken her wagon and her horses and left her alone.

That is the most tension in the book and it happens early. The rest is just a chronicle of events. Maybe because I haven't read the first two books in the series, I have missed much of the romance building that I enjoy so much. Melody Carlson writes very enjoyable books, but this one was a bit too mundane.

No comments:

Post a Comment