©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Farmer in the Dell

I read six novellas so that I could review The Farmer's Bride and give a reasonable account of the stories it contained. Every single story is one of those "feel good" stories with the happy ending one of my friends accuses me of loving. Um, it's true, I love happy endings and I am unashamed of it.

One of my favorites was "The Tie that Binds," by Susan K Downs. This story includes an orphan train, a perpetual offer for marriage and the adoption of a brother and sister, and a prairie fire. I've read this story several times before and it always entertained me.

All of the stories are entertaining and amusing. There are a couple of Laugh Out Loud places which make it an all the more compelling read. It will be released August 1, 2013. Make haste to get it then! Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and at least one orphan train.

No comments:

Post a Comment