©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Bead and a Prayer

Kristen Vincent has written a short study on prayer and beads, specifically the evangelical/ecumenical rosary. Many of the reasons she gives for using this form of prayer resonate with me because I pray so much better when I hold something in my hands--my attention stays more focused, and I feel like I have accomplished what I set out to do. I often pray while I am making something, especially when I am making something for someone specific. I pray for the recipient with each stitch I make or each part of the project.

This is why I was glad to read and review A Bead and a Prayer. She not only explores the reasons for using beads in prayer, but also how to make the rosary, and how to use the rosary in various methods of prayer. The goal and the outcome of this is a deeper prayer life, and a closer relationship with God.

Her studies are easy to understand and back up the author's desire to help the reader understand prayer better. Her directions for making the rosaries are complete and well diagrammed. This is an excellent book to use as a tool to further your understanding of prayer, to help you keep your prayers focused, and to bring you to an incredible relationship with God.

Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and a beaded prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment