©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Minding Molly

Leslie Gould has written quite a bit of Amish Fiction and most of it is quite good. I read Minding Molly with the anticipation of an entertaining read. I was a bit disappointed. Molly is the definition for a Type-A personality, with the desire to be in control of all aspects of her life. That desire drives her to try to control all the people around her, and it makes her a most unsympathetic character in the novel. Her sister lacks empathy and that feeds Molly's attempts to control even more and makes her harder to get along with.

Minding Molly was hard for me to read, because I could not find ground to connect with Molly and her struggles. I wish I liked it more, but I didn't. Three Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment