©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Friday, January 3, 2014

Rainy Day Dreams

My favorite thing to do on a rainy day is to curl up with a good book, a warm blanket, a glass of iced tea, and read. Of course my favorite thing to do on a sunny day is to curl up with a good book and read. Doesn't matter what the weather is, I'll read. When I saw that Rainy Day Dreams was the title of this book, I knew I had to read it. I've read books by Lori Copeland and Virginia Smith before and truly enjoyed them, some enough to read multiple times.

But, . . . the story seemed to drag on.

Kathryn is a very likable protagonist, and it's easy to take her side when her father sends her to Seattle to help her cousin manage her hotel and to find a husband. The finding a husband part isn't all that high on her list, but her father wants her out of his hair.

Jason is a very wounded soul who arrives in Seattle the same time Kathryn does. She can't seem to leave him alone, and he wants nothing more than to get away from her.

There hardly seems to be time for them to get to know each other, much less form an attachment, but it happens.

Before you write me off as a snarky reviewer, there were parts of this story I did like. Kathryn's questionable art talents provided a bit of humor in the book, Kathryn's aid with the women and children taking refuge in the hotel give Kathryn a very laudable position, and Kathryn's twin sister Susan gives the reader all the more reason to like Kathryn. This book gets a strong 3.5 to 4 stars. I would still recommend this book to my friends, because in spite of the story dragging on, there were many good parts to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment