©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Plots and Pans

Kelly Eileen Hake is an author who spreads humor throughout her writing that engages the reader from the very first page, when she's on. She has learned well at her mother's knee and through her own writing. She makes humorous stories an art form, just like her mother, Cathy Marie Hake, does. So, I thought reading Plots and Pans would be a lovely idea.

I will rarely give up on a book, although that used to be my habit, but this time, I gave up. Several years ago, I read a book by Cathy Marie called Fancy Pants. Several of the elements in Kelly's book reminded me of Fancy Pants, and I got to the point, I just couldn't read it anymore. I just couldn't get past the similarities. Others will love this book, and that's great, Kelly does write a good book. For me, it wasn't something that worked.

Three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment