©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Christ in the Sabbath

I am harking back to my senior year of high school and the vocabulary list my English teacher, Mrs. Shehane gave us. I won't be pusillanimous about my thoughts on this book, I might be a bit obsequious in many of my reviews--though heartfelt they may be, this one will be quite erudite.

Rich Robinson has written Christ in the Sabbath as a rather complicated discussion of the Sabbath in history, in tradition, in the Mosaic Law, and in the New Testament. I was rather looking forward to reading this book, hoping it would illuminate how Christ has existed in the Sabbath from the very Creation of the world. Unfortunately, I didn't find this to be the case. I felt I almost needed a degree in legalese to decifer all of his explanations. I don't wish to abrogate anything this author is trying to do with this book, but I didn't find it to be what I'd hoped for, until the very last chapter of the book. As much as I would desire otherwise, the book just failed to fulfill what I felt it had promised.

Three Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment