©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Friday, February 13, 2015

I Am So Nourished

I have loved Becky Johnson's writings since I read Worms in My Tea when my children were little. Now she writes with her daughter and brings some important facets of life that every woman needs to pay attention to. Becky and Rachel bring two perspectives to the same topics and yet stand in unity on them.

Nourished is not a book that can be read lightly or quickly. It must be read chapter by chapter, digested, ruminated, cogitated, and meditated before moving on.

From setting a personal environment to taking time for yourself, Becky and Rachel share how they are nourished through their friendships, their spiritual lives, their mates, their families, and ultimately themselves--while making the book something every woman can use. In every chapter I found action points I want to take, but I think I am going to have to reread the book in order to take those steps.

Their writing styles are complementary and humorous while still addressing some serious things that make the reader think. I really don't want to go into what Becky and Rachel have said in the book, but I really need to recommend this book as highly as possible.

Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and a place of peace in your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment