©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Monday, June 22, 2015

Catch and Release

I hate it when for whatever reason I just can't finish a book. The book I am reviewing tonight is just such a book, but the reason I could not finish it is that it just did not capture my imagination. I love romances and I should have loved this one, but the plot seemed to drag instead of flow. I read the first hundred or so pages and skipped to the end to find out which man Heather Flower marries. That was a sufficiency for me for this book. What I found were too many characters to keep track of, without a lot of development. Remember these are MY opinions and as that they are individual to me. Maybe if I had read the first book in the series, I would have been more patient with this book. Rebecca de Marino has done her historical research for the era about which she writes.

I know I am being harsh about this book, and I won't justify my harshness. I think in this case it is a matter of taste and To Capture Her Heart didn't fit my tastes. I think each reader needs to attempt to read this book and see if it is a good fit. That is one thing I like about Amazon, many of the books there have at least a first chapter or more to read when you click on the "Look Inside" banner. I recommend that you click that and read to see if it will fit your tastes.

Three Stars

I thank Revell for allowing me to read and review this book. I am sorry I do not have wonderful things to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment