©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Now and Forever

Mary Connealy writes almost with a slapstick in her hand as she writes. Her characters know their parts and play them well and it all adds up to a funny book with just enough suspense to keep the reader hanging on for dear life.

Shannon Wilde sees a man being attacked by a grizzly bear and cannot help herself but has to go to his rescue. By rescuing him, she throws him in the most dangerous river in the area and falls in after him. As they tumble through the rapids, she knows he's injured, and she has to find a place to get them both out of the water or drown. This is where Now and Forever starts.

I THINK this book takes place in Wyoming, I don't remember if the story actually said. I know it is in the west, in a mountainous region, and in an area that is almost lawless. Wyoming would fit all of those conditions along with having rivers in the mountains that would be class 5 rapids broken up by intermittent waterfalls. It's the kind of area both of my children would like to live (my son is close enough to that, but being in the midst of it all the time would be heaven on earth to him.)

To say I enjoyed the book would be an understatement. It's a rollicking good time. My only negative thoughts about the book are the way Matthew Tucker (now Shannon's husband) throws scripture around to suit his own fancy without considering Shannon's feelings at all. It seems that he would have been better served to convince her to come around to his way of thinking without brow-beating her with loose interpretations of the Bible. If it weren't for that, this would be a five star book.

Four Stars

My thanks to Bethany House for allowing me to read and review this book. I was obligated only to give an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment