©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Refining Fire

Tracie Peterson is writing her way through the late 1800's in Seattle. I reviewed the first book in the series here and truly enjoyed the book. Now I am reviewing book two and I'm not sure if I liked this one as much. The romance in the book is between Militine and Thane, but the story is still about Abrianna. Tracie has thrown in a mentally ill pastor, some Chinese girls who were stolen from their homes, Abrianna's father, and the Great Seattle Fire to round out her story. Next up on my list is the final story in this trilogy. As I said in a previous post, I like books with happy endings and this one just left me hanging. Reflecting on the two books of the series that I have read in this series, the other characters take a backseat role to Abrianna--all three of the books are about her. Abrianna tries to be a woman who listens to God and obeys, but she is the center of her own world--often jumping into situations and circumstances without thought of the outcome or inconvenience to anyone else.

Tracie writes entertaining books that are great for readers of romance. I truly enjoy reading what she writes and I enjoyed this book as well, just not as much as I had expected. I am looking forward to the third book in the series and will be starting it tonight.

Four strong stars

My thanks to Bethany House for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment