©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Monday, December 21, 2015

Amazing Truths

Last year I tried to read a book of apologetics from a scientific point of view, but the science was so far over my head, I couldn't finish the book. I am here to tell you that this book will not be so difficult to understand. One of the chapters discusses the earth's place in the universe saying that if we were one one-trillionth of an inch in a different position either way, the gravity would either pull us in or throw us out in a way that the earth could no longer sustain life.

One of the most fascinating things I read in this book is about the speed of light. For a particle to travel at 99.9999% of the speed of light, the particle's journey would take a day and a half to go the same distance. That is so basic and yet so mind boggling. Michael Guillen takes the science and puts it in laymen's terms simple enough for this science-phobe to understand. His purpose seems to be to show the Average Joe what a detailed God we have.

Five Stars.

My thanks to Zondervan for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment