©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Monday, December 21, 2015

Hot Bread!!!

Today's review is for a book you could really sink your teeth into. The Hot Bread Kitchen covers not only breads from around the world, but accoutrements to go with the bread. The recipes are fairly easy, completely explained, and sound sooooooooooooooooooo good, I cannot wait to try some of them. The only problem is that at my house we have a fairly set list of foods for the holidays, so my experiments will have to wait.


Jessamyn Waldman Rodriguez
and Julia Turshen have collected these recipes and made them simple enough for the most basic baker. Since my childhood diet included homemade bread and homemade cornbread, I love experimenting with making tasty breads, but having access to recipes to complement the bread is such a bonus!

I love the way the book is put together, with similar types of breads grouped together and the complementary recipes in the grouping as well. One of the recipes I want to try SOON is carnitas. As a family, we are always on the prowl for super-delicious Mexican food recipes. This one looks to be a crowd pleaser in my house.

This is a five star, two thumbs up book, with a piece of freshly baked bread slathered with butter.

My thanks to Random House for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment