©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Saturday, December 5, 2015

The 12 Brides of Summer #3

It's almost Christmas, but I am reading about summer brides. Kind of ironic, but, I like the thought of warmer days.

Margaret Brownley, Miralee Ferrell, and Pam Hillman have teamed together to bring this third collection to those of us who need a warm thought on a cold winter day.

Margaret Brownley's Dog Days of Summer centers around Marilee and Jed and the ownership of one dog who claims them both.

Miralee Ferrell's The Dogwood Blossom reminded me of the old movie, "Support Your Local Sheriff." Grace Addison is seen early in this novella up a tree.

Pam Hillman's The Lumberjack's Bride takes us to a lumber camp in Mississippi.

Each story has a winsomeness that draws the reader in and doesn't let go. They are easy reads for that rainy afternoon where the reader wants to cuddle up with a book, a cup of tea, and a blanket, and dream of warmer days.

I've read writings by these authors before and they never disappoint me. Characters are personable, situations are believable, and settings are indescribable.

Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and a dog to claim you as its human.

My thanks to Barbour Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment