©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Visits with Old Friends

I finished reading the Love is Patient Romance Collection today and it was like a visit with several old friends. Three of the novellas were in the Spinster Brides of Cactus Corners. With a cup of tea and a comfortable chair, I felt I had had a chat with some very dear friends. That was what reading this collection was like. I had not read all of the stories before, but they were all just as comfortable as if I had. All of the novellas take place in the late ninteenth century when horses and buggies were the primary mode of transportation, telegraphs were the major communication between towns, and sometimes bankers were poisonous like snakes--ready to take advantage of helpless widows.

All of these authors have the ability to weave a tale that holds the reader's attention while surrounding the readers with a comfortable blanket and a cup of tea. Nine stories will fill some afternoons with pleasant distraction when the weather won't allow other activities.

Definitely five stars, two thumbs up, and a cup of tea with a friend.

My thanks to Barbour Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment