©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Thursday, March 3, 2016

A Fifty Year Silence

I guess I have been silent long enough on this book. I chose to read and review it because of the era it covered, but I found myself a bit confused as the author, Miranda Richmond Mouillot, bounced back and forth between history and current times, and between her grandmother and her grandfather. The ins and outs of her grandparents relationship was quite dramatic and somewhat over the top, but it was interesting to read about--just not interesting enough to compel me to read all the way through. I found it easy to put down and find something that held my attention more. I don't really have anything against the book, I feel that my criticisms have more to do with my own personal taste than with the author's quality of writing.

I can still give this book four stars and I thank Random House for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment