©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Monday, March 21, 2016

Sit, Stay, Love

First thoughts, this book is incredibly silly. Second thoughts, it's meant to be silly and it works. When you put a substitute teacher; a crabby, professional baseball player; and an overweight, old dog together, silly is all you can get out of it. The lesser characters include the baseball player's uncle and aunt who sponsor a baseball team for blind children, a stalking photographer, and a former beau with an adorable son.

When Gina's cousin needs a stand-in dog-walker, Gina is excited to fill in. She loves the dog at first sight, the dog's owner--not so much. Cal Crawford is working to get his game back and he has no use for the dog and really wants to get rid of her. Gina makes it her mission to talk Cal into keeping the dog.

Things that tickled my funny bone: The dog's name is Tippy and the dog I had growing up was named Tippy. Both Tippies were not well-behaved, and, in fact, both were totally unpredictable. My Tippy was known for his kleptomaniac ways--he stole a neighbor's catch of fish and strewed them all over then neighborhood. The book Tippy was known for grabbing car keys and running away.

Dana Mentink has written a cute, readable, silly book that is worth every single star I can give it. Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and a dog named Tippy

My thanks to Harvest House for allowing me to read and review this book.

PS When I get another dog, I plan to get a female and I want to name her Kitty, so that when I am home alone, I can yell, "Here, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty!" and have her gallop up to whoever is at the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment