©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Elvis Is In The Building

Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you
For I can't help falling in love with you

This is what the title of this book brings to mind whenever I see it. But the book isn't about an Elvis fan, it's about Narnia fans, especially ones who crawl in wardrobes looking for Narnia.

Emelia is in Oxford, England, hoping to get a job at a non-profit organization, hoping to undo some damage her former job caused.

Peter is a former Olympic grade rower who tore up his rotator cuff that kept him off the team for the Rio Olympics. He's also on the board of the non-profit and the cousin of the originator of the non-profit. When the managing director puts Peter together with Emelia to raise funds for the non-profit and keep them from going under, sparks begin to fly. BUT even more sparks fly when Peter's brother, Victor, throws a wrench into the works.

At the beginning of this book, Emelia is not a believer and Peter is. It takes some listening and asking for Emelia to believe.

Kara Isaac has taken a C S Lewis classic and written a novel around it. It's a good story about looking for places that aren't where they should be, looking for things that don't exist, and trying to find a place in the world while hanging onto baggage. Four Strong Stars.

My thanks to Howard Books for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment