©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Love's Faithful Promise

When I began reading this book, I felt like I was becoming acquainted with the friend of a friend and we were hitting it off like gangbusters, with good reason--I'd already read a book in Susan Anne Mason's Courage to Dream series.

The new heroine is Deirdre--a medical student who is called home because her mother had a stroke. Since Kathleen suffered partial paralysis and was not progressing in her healing as fast as she should. James, her father, remembers that there is a doctor in Toronto who has had success with physical therapy in wounded soldiers returning from World War I. He asks Deirdre to go to Toronto to see if he will come to take care of Kathleen. When the doctor's daughter, Phoebe, has a serious episode with her lungs, the decision is made for him to come to the family farm on Long Island. Phoebe blossoms under Deirdre's caring and even begins talking again.

In a second plot, Collin is working with the horses on the farm and hires a young "man," Joe, to help in the stables. When the crankiest horse begins responding to Joe, Collin sees that Joe has something special. It's a while before he realizes that Joe is really Josephine.

I loved Irish Meadows and I loved Love's Faithful Promise. The quality of writing and the character development are spot on. The plot pacing is exquisite, and the drama included in the plot is prime. Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and physical therapy to cure your pains.

My thanks to Bethany House Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment