©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Saturday, August 13, 2016

The Mother Letters

I am well beyond mothering infants and children, but dang it, I wish I had this book when I was in the throes of rearing children! This is the book that needs to make an appearance at every baby shower, at every new birth, at every adoption. This is the book that should be on every parent's book shelf.

The very first letter in the book instructs mothers to give themselves grace. What a freeing, motivating, inspiring, and fulfilling thought. I look back on my children's early years and I wish I had known what grace was as far as my mothering went, and how to give it to myself, to my children, and to my husband.

Amber and Seth Haines have put together a compilation of letters they solicited from mothers to mothers. I can't imagine the time and work it took to pull this together, but it works so well. It's the kind of book that will fit so many situations.

It seems too small to offer this book five stars, two thumbs up, and a bucketfull of grace, but that's all I've got.

My thanks to Revell for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment