©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Within the Veil

I've not read Brandy Vallance's books before trying to read Within the Veil. I can't say I was impressed by this first try of her work. When I looked at the cover, I first thought it was going to be a typical bodice ripper. It's not, but the appearances deceive.

Feya needs food and money for her younger siblings because her father has used her money for drinking. She goes out to meet Maggie, a woman who has promised to allow her to work. She chickens out but decides to go steal some jewels in order to have money to feed her family. From the very beginning the story seemed convoluted to me.

I will say that because I didn't like the book didn't mean that others won't like it. It's purely a matter of personal taste.

Two Stars. My thanks to Lyrical Vine Press for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment