©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

My Heart Belongs

Once in a while, I find myself reading a book by a favorite author that just doesn't fulfill that author's usual quality of writing. My Heart Belongs in Fort Bliss, Texas, is just one of those books. Erica Vetsch writes with a deft hand and I've read many of her novellas and enjoyed every single word. This one dragged from the very beginning and never let up.

Amazon's synopsis of the book states:
Introducing a new series of historical romances created for readers who love historical destinations. Journey to Fort Bliss, Texas, where a battle of emotions versus ideals is about to be waged. When a high-steppin’ eastern fashion artist, Priscilla Hutchens, swoops down on the fort to gain custody of her twin niece and nephew she is met with resistance by their uncle, post surgeon Major Elliot Ryder, who thinks he knows what is best for them. Who will win the battle? Or will a truce be called for the sake of love and family?

There are a few twists in the plot, but I didn't find them all that compelling. This is a matter of tasted, and I am in no way abandoning Erica as a favorite author. This book is just a miss--FOR ME.

Two Stars

My thanks to Barbour Books for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment