©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Friday, December 16, 2016

An Uncommon Protector

I like what Shelley Shepard Gray writes, her stories have a sweet tone to them all the way through. I was excited to read her latest offering: An Uncommon Protector, but I was a bit disappointed when I found that the story is one I've read many times before--not this particular story, but the theme of the story. In fact, the Coasters made a song out of it. It seems that a girl trying to hold onto her family's property, while an unscrupulous suitor wants her land, water rights, cattle, or something. The most unlikely person in the county comes to the rescue of the damsel in distress.

Shelley has a deft hand with her writing, her plots generally suck the reader in and don't let go. It's just that this theme has been done over and over again. Still it's an enjoyable book for a rainy/snowy afternoon. And Shelley, if you read this post, I'm not giving up on you.

Four Stars

My thanks to Zondervan for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment