©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

12 Brides of Christmas

Every now and again, a book slips through my fingers and I don't realize it's still in my TBR pile. When I found this one, I sat down to start reading it. There are twelve humorous stories of romance during the Christmas season in this collection. I am sorry that I let this one slip by me.

The authors have a great talent to be able to write a complete story in less than a novel's length. I adored every single story in the olio, but my favorites were the first two or three and the last one. In the last one, I appreciated how Michelle Ule worked in how Ewan used different methods to teach the children their math facts. He was not tied into belly-button teaching (prop the book on your belly button and do not deviate from the book at all). Ewan was having to earn $70 by Kate's birthday to be able to marry her. When the teacher of the younger children eloped, he was offered the job, which helped him toward his goal of $70. He was a quick thinker when a blizzard came through and got the children to safety by tying knots in a rope and having them hold onto the knots to walk back to town.

This is a five star book, with two thumbs up, and a sprig of mistletoe to kiss under.

My thanks to Barbour Books for their patience in my tardiness with my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment