©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Monday, January 16, 2017

A Portrait of Emily Price

Katherine Reay's works intrigue me. This is the second book I've ready by her and found almost too hard to put down. This is the second book I've read by Katherine that has a lot of food references in it too. The only problem I have with this style of book is that Katherine doesn't share recipes. I really want recipes.

Emily Price is an art restorer for an insurance company in Chicago. She's been sent to Atlanta to restore some art pieces that were damaged in a fire. Her company has set up a place for her in an art restorer's lab and paid for her to have a suite in a long-stay hotel. Along the way, she accidentally finds out her job has been phased out and she's on her own for finding her next job.

The day she arrives in Atlanta, Joseph, the owner of the lab, takes her to his aunt and uncle's Italian restaurant for dinner. There she meets Joseph's brother, Ben. She sees Ben almost every night of her stay in Atlanta and begins to get involved in Ben's refurbishing of the restaurant. She works all day with her insurance restoration, and then works many hours a night on the restaurant refurbish. Of course, during this time with Ben, she begins to fall in love--and the day before Ben leaves to go back to Italy, they get married, after having known each other two weeks.

The rest of the book is dedicated to Emily trying to fit in with Ben's family. His father is an easy nut to crack, but his mother is a different story altogether.

One of Ben's quests in the book is to develop the perfect pizza crust (a quest I understand well, as I am working on that myself). The pasta and sauces Katherine describes seem heavenly. I want recipes, Katherine. I want recipes!

This is beyond a five star book, but that's all they allow me. Sigh. Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and the Perfect Pizza Crust.

My thanks to Thomas Nelson for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment