©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Love's Prayer

If I were to guess, Love's Prayer is Melissa Storm's first book. The basic story is okay, but I found it rather contrived.  Melissa follows the romance writer's formula fairly loosely, but still the formula is visible in the reading.  The one thing that's good about this book is that it doesn't take long to read.

I am being rather nasty about this and that's not fair.  The opening of the book details Ben's brother's suicide and Ben's depression and suicidal thoughts.  After an accidental meeting with Summer, who is taking care of her aunt's florist shop, Ben recovers from both the depression and the suicidal thoughts. I can't imagine that this would be the case in real life.

Some of the happenings in the book gave real entertainment.  Summer's Aunt Iris has a bird named Sunny that she left in Summer's care while she's on the cruise.  One night Sunny escapes its cage and the house, leading to an all city rescue.  Melissa's description of the antics of the people trying to catch the bird is funny and amusing.

I won't say this book has no redeeming value, but I can't score it very highly.  Two Stars.

My thanks to Partridge and Pear Press for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment