©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Abiding Mercy

This is the third Ruth Reid book I've read.  When I went back to read the reviews of her books I'd previously read, I was surprised to see this review.  What surprised me in rereading that review was that I felt I would never read another book by her again.

I've gone through cycles where I will read Amish fiction, or cycles where I won't read any Amish at all.  I'm in a cycle where I'm picky about the Amish fiction I'll read, but I do enjoy reading it. This book is  a bit similar to an Amish fiction book I've read before, but it does come with a twist.

Roslyn and Brandon's toddler daughter was kidnapped and for the last fifteen years Roslyn has been obsessed with finding Adriana.  She has created a foundation to reunite kidnapped children with their parents, and she has made it her life's work to find Adriana.

Faith has been working at her maam's restaurant ever since she finished school in the eighth grade.  She loves cooking and she loves baking the bread in the restaurant. She also loves Gideon, but he's her sister's boyfriend.

These lives are on a collision course without any of them knowing it.  And it caused no small amount of tears for me as I read it.

After I read that one Ruth Reid book, I kind of forgot about it, so I picked up another one.  I am certainly glad I did.  This book broke my heart and it gave me such hope at the same time.  I give it five stars, two thumbs up, and a freshly baked loaf of bread.

My thanks to Thomas Nelson for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment