©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Friday, March 3, 2017

Secret Admirers

When you collect nine authors who tell nine stories, you get some of the same kinds of stories, but all from a different perspective, and all have the right length to allow you to get away for an hour in the afternoon and escape the real world.

The problem with this format of reading is that the authors. who are ultimately qualified to write these stories, are hamstrung by the length of the narrative.  Few authors are able to develop a plot as well as the personalities that populate the plot.

Barbour Publishing has the knack of finding the best of the best who can achieve this nearly impossible task of great stories that only take an hour to read. Each of the tales in this olio involve someone loving another from afar and finally finding his/her own true love.  Part of the time, I read this before falling asleep, part of the time I read while I was exercising on my stationary bike.

Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and an anonymous love letter.

My Thanks to Barbour Books for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment