©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Monday, April 10, 2017

Spring Raine

If you are looking for a light-hearted, mindless read, then Spring Raine is the book for you.  Raine has come to Cambria, California, to have a vacation before she starts a parental-approved job as a forensic scientist.  Her father is not all that pleased with the fact that she's out of his "range" and is afraid she'll mess up her life, so he hires a "ghost guard" to watch out for her. Declan Keller is the neighbor to the inn where Raine is staying, so he's in a perfect position to be the guard her. . . .

This is my first Delia Latham book, and she does follow the formula fairly well.  She just threw in an undercover angel to spice it up a bit.  Among the  overabundance of butterflies, dreams, and unusual happenings, Delia has created a predictable narrative that in places is over-the-top silly.  Like I said, this is light-hearted and mindless.  I always feel bad when I have to give a bad review, but I wish this had been a better book.  Two stars.

I want to thank White Rose Publications for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment