©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Friday, May 12, 2017

Heart on the Line

When I first read a Karen Witemeyer book, it was a serendipity.  I was looking for a new author.  I was wanting to expand my horizons and get some new books to read.  I always read book blurbs to see if I would be interested in reading it.  Once I find an author I like, I quit reading blurbs and just read the books.  So Heart on the Line by Karen Witemeyer was on the list of books offered by NetGalley for review, I asked to be able to read and review it.

Karen has worked in long-distance romance (almost an historical online romance), kidnapping, attempted murder, impersonation,  new technology, and secret communications.

Harper's Station, Texas, is a town in which the majority of the population is women.  There are only two men in residence among all the women.   Grace is the telegraph operator and she lives in Harper's Station in hiding from a man who had her father killed.  Amos is her friend who is the operator in Denison, Texas. They were conversing after hours when another operator breaks into the line with an emergency for Grace telling her that the man she was hiding from now knew where she was.

There is so much action in this book, I had a hard time putting it down.  Karen writes books that grab the reader from the very first line and doesn't let go until the book is finished.  She has interesting characters in situations that require intelligence and deep thought to figure out.

This is a five star book with two thumbs up, and a telegram of only good news.

My thanks goes to Bethany House for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment