©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Thursday, July 27, 2017

A Plain and Sweet Christmas Romance Collection

As I began reading this book, I felt like I was visiting an old friend.  As a matter of fact I was.  On August 8, 2016, I published a review of the same book.  My opinions haven't changed, and I still believe everything I said.

This title says it all, it's about plain men and women finding romance, whether they are Amish, Quaker, Mennonite, or from Amana Colonies. The sweetness is all there too. The women are sweet, what they cook is sweet. The novellas are overloaded with sweetness, but at the same time, quite a number of the women are strong-willed and not all of them can cook. It's a neat thing to see these women with foibles, even in their plain lifestyles.  
The nine novellas are written by respected, experienced authors who put out nothing but quality. These are of the same quality as their full length novels--which I think is a harder thing to pull off because a whole plot has to be condensed into a little over 100 pages. Definite Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and your favorite Christmas cookie recipe. 
My thanks to Barbour Publishing for allowing me to read and review this olio.

No comments:

Post a Comment