©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Blue Ridge Sunrise

Denise Hunter usually writes sweet books of small town life and romance.  I found that Blue Ridge Sunrise didn't fit the "sweet" description.  Too many of the books I have read lately have only given "ink service" to faith within the narrative and its characters.  This one in particular didn't seem to give that much word space to faith, but I do have to admit I didn't finish the book.  When the kissing scenes become R rated, I'll put the book down and move on. I can get my own R rated kisses in real life.  I don't need to know how the hero "punished her lips" or how it was the best kiss she'd ever received.  I've read some of Denise's other books and enjoyed them, but this one missed my mark. 

Two Stars. 

My thanks to Thomas Nelson for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment