©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

The Secrets I Never Wanted to Tell

I had a hard time putting down Things I Never Told You, I was trying to find the happy ending.  It wasn't there. If the galley had not been provided by a Christian publishing company, I wouldn't have known it was Christian Fiction. 

Payton is still grieving her twin sister's death--more so than the rest of her family, Payton is holding a secret about the events surrounding Pepper's death. 

Another sister, Jillian, is holding onto her own secrets--she has breast cancer.

The eldest sister, Johannah, believes she has the answer for everyone's issues, if they'd only listen to her and obey her.  It's almost if she can't stand not being in charge.

Another character enters the picture wanting to make amends for his part of Pepper's death, but Payton wants Zach to leave her family alone.

Beth K Vogt writes with angst and anger throughout this book. She does bring in the Christian element with the introduction of Zach and his stint in rehab. There is much in this book that reminds me of the dynamics of my own family life, and the actions of several of the characters just made me angry.  This is not the kind of book I really need to read.

Three stars

Tyndale House Publishing provided the galley for me to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment