©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Friday, June 8, 2018

A Defense of Honor

Kristi Ann Hunter generally writes high quality fiction, but I found this book hard to follow. There were so many characters I almost needed a playbill to keep up with them all.  The prime focus of regency romances is the English aristocracy and their social engagements, when the men are just as much gold-diggers as the women are.  It's all about making a good match to keep the family coffers full. 

Kit FitzGerald is looking for money, but she's trying to get deadbeat dads to pay for the support of their illegitimate children that she is taking care of.  But to figure out who belongs to whom and who is chasing who was just beyond my abilities to keep up with.

Two Stars.  My thanks to Bethany House for the complimentary copy of this book to read and for allowing me to review it.

No comments:

Post a Comment