©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Room on the Porch Swing

Allen's wife, Savilla, passed away suddenly and he is totally bereft.  Savilla's best friend, Laura is just as bereft as Allen.  When Savilla's mother, Irma Mae, falls and breaks her leg and hip, Laura comes to Allen's rescue by taking care of his daughter.  It takes several months for Irma Mae to completely recover and Laura begins to have feelings for Allen in spite of being Rudy's girlfriend.

When I started reading this book by Amy Clipston, I felt like I'd read it before.  It was comfortable, like wearing an old t-shirt.  It seemed that I knew the characters from before.  (As a matter of fact, I did, and I reviewed it here.) There is nothing like starting a book and getting the feeling that you are visiting with old friends you haven't seen for a while. 

There are hiccups along the way for Laura and Allen, but they choose to listen to the advice of their elders.  The spirit of this book shines with biblical values that all of us should take to heart. I love books that help me grow through the stories they tell.

Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and a porch swing for two.

My thanks to Zondervan for providing the galley for me to read and review.  The opinions expressed here are mine alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment