©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Just Fit to Be Tied

I heard this phrase quite a bit when I was growing up.  "How did she react when he told her that?"  "Oh, she was fit to be tied."  In other words, she was exasperated, aggravated, and irritated all at once. This is the theme of Debby Mayne's newest book in the Bucklin Family Reunion series--Fit to Be Tied.

Most of the main characters have chapters of their own to explain their emotions through the events of the book.  I wish I had read the first book of the series.  The two together would be a hoot. I may have to go back to read them back to back.

Sometimes the book seems disjointed as it moves from character to character, but at the end of the book, it has all come together.

The one criticism I have is that there are no recipes included for the delicious dishes that are described in the book.  Everyone knows that family reunions are all about the food and the relatives' fights. 

Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and a family reunion pot luck to tempt your tastebuds.

My thanks goes to Gilead Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment