©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Right Book This Time

I had two books on my kindle with the same title. I read the wrong one first (reviewed here), so I read the right one this time. It's just one of those things. I'm sure it happens to everyone at some time or another.

Elizabeth is on her way home after her mother dies and hopes to take her place in her home. The only thing holding her back from that is her father's icy reception, her brother's hatred of her, and the servants lack of respect for her. Just a few little obstacles to overcome. Her father sent her to live with her great aunt Victoria in order to catch a suitable husband, but the only husband she wants is Rourke O'Malley.

This is the novel that Christine Johnson has set up for our reading pleasure. Love's Rescue takes place prior to the Civil War in Key West, Florida, and the characters battle all kinds of obstacles to true love--including hurricanes, prejudices, and lack of respect.

The following is OPINION only: I didn't like the book as well as I have liked others.

That being said, I will say this--the novel has well-developed characters, conflict, and resolution. The plot drags in a few places, but not overmuch. The setting is suitable for the activities of the characters. It's a good book, I just didn't like it as much. That's a taste thing, not a quality thing.

Four Stars

My thanks to Revell books for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment