©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Hideaway's Hidden Hopes

I love reading on my Kindle because it tells me how long it will take me to finish a book.  Last night when I went to bed, I had over two hours to finish The Hideaway by Lauren K Denton.  I got so into what was happening, I failed to notice the time.  That's a key to a good book.

Sara has inherited her grandmother's house to do with as she will.  There is a man in the community who wants the piece of ground the house sits on and will stop at nothing to get it. Sara is unwilling to budge an inch until she finds every secret the Hideaway has to give up.

Right now, the Hideaway is home to a collection of geriatrics who live life flamboyantly.  Major grumbles, Pat and Bert like to play, and Glory is a being unto herself.  But above all, they loved Mags, and mourned her passing.  They also loved Mags by taking in her granddaughter and helping her with remodeling and updating the Hideaway.

There are tough times in everyone's life, and Lauren has shown through her book that a will to overcome is vital to living through the tough times.  She hasn't made the Bible a significant part of her book, but the tenacity of her characters to live life on their own terms engages the reader with delight.

I could easily see this as a Hallmark movie--it has just the right amount of charm and mystery to fit in with the Hallmark brand.

I give this five stars, two thumbs up, and the key to a Hideaway.

My thanks to Thomas Nelson for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment