©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

My Heart Belongs in Shenandoah Valley: Lily's Dilemma

I didn't hate this book, but I didn't really like it either. It reminded me too much of the melodrama plays put on by the students in the school where my mother used to teach. In those melodramas, there are heroines who are very likable, heroes who have to overcome significant obstacles to achieve the love of the heroine. and dastardly ne'er-do-wells who try to take advantage of the heroines.

Lily is the heroine who is about to lose her family home.

Mac is the hero who is the unwitting pawn of the bad guy.

Mr. Everett (I think is his name, but I can't be sure), is the bad guy, and his description type cast him into the role.

I've read several other books by Andrea Boeshaar and found her writing style to be compelling, but this book reads rather formulaic.  I am sure I have read books that are like this but I enjoyed the book anyway because it took place some place I've lived. I am sure readers from the Shenandoah Valley will find something to connect to in the book, but I can give the book only two stars.

My thanks to Barbour Books for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment